Below is a an essay question that came in the exam this week.
Directors and managers of organizations are often older people. Some people say that it is better for younger people to be leaders. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
This is an opinion essay which means you must give a clear opinion in the introduction and then support it and explain it in the body paragraphs. Let me give you some ideas for this topic. If you have more ideas of your own, please post them in the comments box below.
Reasons why young people should be leaders
- young people are usually more up-to-date and in touch with the modern world
- they are often more dynamic and forward thinking which means they are more open to new ideas
- young leaders are stronger and healthier than their old counterparts and therefore more able to cope with the demands of leadership
Reasons why older people should be leaders
- with age comes experience and this is critical for any leader
- older people have more authority which is needed to lead and manage others
- a sense of responsibility is needed to lead effectively which is found in older people and often lacking in the young
If you recently did your exam, please post your full essay question in the comments box below so we can all benefit from it.
Get my free lessons by email