Below are IELTS writing task 2 topics reported in the test this month. Which do you think is the most difficult?
October Writing Task 2 Essay Questions
- The advantages of English spreading as a global language will continue to outweigh the disadvantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree.
- The range and quality of food we can buy has changed due to technological and scientific advances. Some people believe the range and quality of food has improved while others consider it may be harmful. Discuss both points of view and give your opinion.
- Do you think the care for elderly relatives should be with family or professional care?. Give your opinion.
- Some people think university education is important for success while others disagree.Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- Nowadays people research their family history, some people say this is useless and we should instead focus on present and future generations. Share your opinion.
- Major countries nowadays face traffic problems. Describe the situation in your country and discuss possible ways to overcome it. (GT test)
- In many countries, people are not taking care of their elderly relatives but seeking help of professionals to look after them. Do you think this is a positive or a negative development ? (GT test)
- It is generally discussed among the public that extreme sports such as sky diving and rock-climbing should be banned. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
To see more essay questions and speaking topics for October, see this page: IELTS Recent Exam Questions
To purchase advanced training in writing task 2, see my: Advanced Writing Task 2 Lessons
For the main page of writing task 2 tips, follow the link.
Main IELTS Pages
Develop your IELTS skills with tips, lessons, free videos and more.
Get my free lessons by email