Below are some ideas for the following IELTS writing task 2 essay question.
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?
There are two questions to answer:
- Do you think increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems?
- What other measures do you think might be effective to solve traffic and pollution problems?
Increasing the price of petrol:
- if the price is increased, less people will be able to afford it
- if less people can afford petrol, less people will drive cars
- if less people drive cars, there will be less congestion on the roads
- if less people drive, there will be less air pollution
Other ways to solve traffic and pollution problems:
- traffic problems can be solved by improving public transport to encourage more people to use it rather than to use their own cars
- public transport can be improved by having more public transport available, making it more punctual and reducing the price of tickets to make it more affordable to the average person
- another measure is to have no traffic zones in city centers which will reduce both congestion and pollution in urban centers.
Get my free lessons by email