Here is an essay title about the function of schools in the development of a child:
Some people think that schools are merely turning children into good citizens and workers, rather than benefiting them as individuals. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
You can use the ideas below to help you answer the essay question.
Schools merely turn children into good citizens or workers:
- schools teach discipline which turns children into effective workers.
- children learn what is right and wrong in school.
- schools instill the cultural values that are shared by society.
- skills that enable children to succeed in the job market can first learned in school.
Schools benefit children as individuals:
- schools help children discover their potential.
- children are able to choose the subjects that best suit them.
- teachers are trained to help children understand their strengths and improve their weaknesses.
- children can develop confidence as a person either through lessons or extra curricular activities.
- through school education, children are able to develop an understanding about the world in which they live.
Get my free lessons by email