It is possible to be asked about musical instruments in all parts of the IELTS speaking test. Check some possible questions for this topic:
- Did you ever learn a musical instrument as a child?
- If you could learn a musical instrument, what would you choose?
- If you had a child, what musical instrument would you encourage him/her to play?
- What traditional instruments are there in your country?
- Do you think traditional musical instruments have a place in modern society?
- How do you think traditional music could be made more popular?
Q. Did you ever learn a musical instrument as a child?
A. No, I didn’t but I always wish I had. If I had had the chance, I would have learned the guitar. The problem was that there weren’t any good teachers where I lived and my parents thought it was more important to focus on school work than learn to play an instrument.
Q. If you could learn to play any musical instrument, what would you choose?
A. I think I’d probably go for the violin. It’s such a beautiful instrument and I think the music that can be played on it, can be really haunting and moving. Yes, I’d definitely choose that one.
Get my free lessons by email