It is possible to get a topic about vegetables in IELTS speaking part 1. Below are some of the possible questions with a model answer and also a link to learn vocabulary for this topic.
- Do you like vegetables?
- Are there any vegetables you dislike?
- Did you like vegetables when you were a child?
- Are vegetables popular in your country?
- Do most people eat vegetables with their meal in your country?
- Are there many vegetarians in your country?
- Do you think it is important to eat vegetables?
- How can parents encourage their children to eat more vegetables?
- Question: Do most people eat vegetables in your country?
- Answer: Yes, they do. Almost every meal has either rice or potatoes and also another vegetable as well, such as cabbage, carrots, green beans or something like that. Quite a lot of people have a small proportion of vegetables to meat but at least they always have some kind of vegetable with their meal.
- Question: Are there many vegetarians in your country?
- Yes, quite a lot. Many people choose to avoid eating meat and their diet consists of both vegetables and grains. There are quite a few restaurants in my city which cater to vegetarians and offer the most wonderful dishes such as fried aubergine, spinach and potato, onion cakes and things like that. They’re actually very delicious.
Click the link to learn vocabulary for vegetables