Improve your academic writing skills for IELTS writing task 2.
In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e-books rather than paper books.
Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
The statements below are taken from a student’s essay and contain some mistakes. Can you re-write these sentences so that they are not only correct but also higher band score?
- In my point of view, reading digital books have more advantages compared with printed books.
- First and foremost, E-book is been accessed, nowadays, easily by the people in a fraction of seconds through the advanced modern communication technologies.
- Secondly, buying an electronic version books are easier than the printed paper books.
- On the other hand, People health will affect when they spend more time to read books by using the modern gadgets such as laptop, mobile phones and tablets.
- In conclusion, in my view, electronic version books bring more pleasure and easily to access.
Try writing the sentences for yourself before you check the answers.Answers
- In my opinion, reading digital books has more advantages compared to printed books. (“reading digital books” is the subject and it is actually singular so the verb must be “has” not “have”)
- First and foremost, e-books can be easily accessed by people in only a fraction of a second through the use of advanced modern technology. ( The phrase “a fraction of a second” can’t be plural and must be written as it is. It’s a nice phrase to use and can be used for academic writing – just make sure you write it correctly)
- Secondly, buying electronic books online is easier for the consumer than purchasing printed paper books.
- On the other hand, spending too much time reading e-books on bright screens from gadgets such as laptops or tablets, can have an adverse effect on people’s health.
- In conclusion, I think that e-books are more accessible to both read and buy for the consumer than conventional paper books.
Get my free lessons by email