Below is a list of common topics in IELTS speaking part 3. Speaking part 3 is:
A discussion with the examiner (4-5 minutes)
In speaking part 3, the examiner will ask a broader range of questions based on the topic that you had in speaking part 2. The questions require you to expand your answers further with explanation and examples. The examiner will strictly control the time.
IELTS Speaking Part 3 Topics & Questions
- What kind of art do you enjoy?
- What are the tradition art forms in your country?
- What makes a good painting?
- Do you think children should study art at school?
- How can children benefit from learning art?
- How has art changed in the last few decades in your country?
- Can clothing tell you much about a person?
- Why do some companies ask their staff to wear uniforms?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of having uniforms at work?
- When do people wear traditional clothing in your country?
- How have clothes fashions change in your country over the last few decades?
- What is the difference between clothes that young people and old people like to wear?
- What makes a good student?
- What role should the teacher have in the classroom?
- Do you think computers will one day replace teachers in the classroom?
- How has teaching changed in your country in the last few decades?
- What is the difference between the way children learn and the way adults learn?
- How can a teacher make lessons for children more interesting?
- Is family important in your country?
- How has the size of the family changed in the last few decades in your country?
- How do you think the family will change in the future?
- What role do grandparents play in the family in your country?
- Who do you think should be responsible for the care of the elderly, the family or the government?
- Do you think diet is important?
- What is a balanced diet?
- What is the typical diet of people in your country?
- Do many people eat in restaurants in your country?
- Why do some people enjoy eating out?
- What’s the difference between restaurant food and home cooked food?
- How can people improve their health?
- Do elderly people do much exercise in your country?
- Do you think all illness can be prevented?
- Do you think there will be less illness in the future?
- Do you think health care should be free?
- What makes a good doctor?
- Do most people have a computer at home in your country?
- Do you think all information on the internet is true?
- How can people find reliable information on the internet?
- How has the internet changed the way we live?
- How has the internet changed the way we work?
- Do you think the internet is safe for children to use unsupervised?
Media & News
- Do you believe everything you read in the newspapers?
- How do most people get their news in your country?
- How do you think people will get their news in the future?
- How has TV changed our lives?
- Do you think TV influences the way we think?
- Should children be allowed to watch a lot of TV?
- Are all people on TV famous?
- Do you think famous people have a responsibility to act as role models for the younger generation?
- What are the main environmental problems in your country?
- Why should people be concerned about the environment?
- How can people protect the environment?
- Do you think money should be spent on protecting animals?
- Do you think more should be done to protect natural beauty spots in your country?
- What social problems are there in your country?
- What can be done to alleviate poverty?
- Are there many charities in your country?
- What is the difference between major crime and minor crime?
- Do you think all criminals should go to prison?
- Why do so many people move to live in cities?
- What problems does over population cause?
- Why do some people prefer to travel abroad rather than in their own country?
- Do you think traveling to another country can change the way people think?
- Do you think it is good for children to experience life in a foreign country?
- How have holidays changed over the past few decades?
- Do you think it is safer to travel now than in the past?
- Do you think job satisfaction is more important than salary when choosing a job?
- What skills do you think are needed to get a good job these days?
- Do you think women should be able to do all the same jobs that men do?
- How has technology changed the way we work?
- What is the difference between white collar and blue collar jobs?
- What jobs do you think are most valuable to society?
More IELTS Speaking Topics
Topics and questions for speaking part 1 and speaking part 2.
Recommended for IELTS Speaking
- Practice Test with Model Answers
- Linking Words for Speaking
- How long should my answer be?
- Vocabulary for IELTS
- All IELTS Speaking Tips, Model Answers, Topics and Lessons
Main IELTS Pages
Develop your IELTS skills with tips, model answers, lessons, free videos and more.