Below are some questions and a vocabulary for the topic of camping for IELTS speaking part 1. This topic can come in any part of the test although it is most common in part 1. This is a subtopic from the the topic of holidays.
Questions for Camping Speaking Part 1
- Do you like camping?
- Did you ever go camping when you were a child?
- Is camping popular in your country?
- Where do most people like to go camping?
- Why do you think people like to go camping?
- Do you think camping is popular for both men and women?
- Why do you think children like to go camping?
Two different ways to answer the same question. Both answers offer the examiner a range of vocabulary suitable for the topic.
- Question: Do you like camping?
- Answer: Yes, I do. There’s something really exciting about being out in the forest, sleeping in a tent and cooking food over the campfire. It’s lovely to feel so close to nature. Unfortunately, I don’t get much chance to do it.
- Answer: No, I don’t. I hate the idea of sleeping in a cramped tent and eating awful camp food. I would much prefer to sleep in a hotel where I had my own bathroom with a power shower. I honestly don’t know why people enjoy it.