This lesson shows you how to find ideas for your IELTS opinion essay and organise them into paragraphs. It is important to spend time analysing the statement before you decide your opinion. You should look at the essay question carefully and think about the issues in the statement. Below you will see some questions to help you analyse the opinion essay title.
Every one of us should become a vegetarian because eating meat can cause serious health problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Analysing an Opinion Essay
Answer the following questions
- Do you think vegetarians are healthier than people who eat meat?
- Do you think the vegetarian diet is healthy?
- Do you think people who eat meat are unhealthy?
- Does eating meat always create health problems?
- Is there any meat which you think is healthy to eat?
- Do you think all people should be vegetarian?
- Do you think all people should stop eating meat?
- What is another way to say “vegetarian”?
- Body Paragraph A: I agree that eating a vegetarian diet is healthy.
- Body Paragraph B: However, not all meat is unhealthy
- Body Paragraph C: I believe that having a balanced diet containing predominantly vegetables with some healthy meats is best.
Get my free lessons by email