This lesson looks at how expand your main points for the body paragraphs in your IELTS writing task 2. This lesson follows on from two previous lessons. Make sure you read the previous lessons first:
Every one of us should become a vegetarian because eating meat can cause serious health problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Planning Body Paragraph A
The main point: A vegetarian diet is certain healthy.
- a diet based mainly on vegetables is rich in essential vitamins and minerals
- protein can be found in pulses and dairy products
- avoiding certain meats can help reduce heart problems and diabetes
Planning Body Paragraph B
The main point: Not all meat is unhealthy
- not all meat is unhealthy
- examples: fish and chicken
Planning Body Paragraph C
The main point: Having a balanced diet is key
- A diet which has mostly vegetables and a small amount of meat is best
- Eating meat in moderation is considered beneficial to health
Now try writing the paragraphs before you check the models below.
ModelsModel Paragraph A