Here is an IELTS writing task 2 essay about management positions and gender with ideas given below.
Most high level positions in companies are filled by men even though the workforce in many developed countries is more than 50 per cent female. Companies should be required to allocate a certain percentage of these positions to women.
To what extent do you agree?
Why companies should give a percentage of senior positions to women
- equal rights and opportunities for men and women
- it avoids discrimination
- it creates a pleasant work environment to have a better balance of the genders in management and senior levels
- it creates a supportive work environment for other female employees to know that a certain percentage of management is also female
- women have valuable skills of communication and diplomacy for high level positions
Why companies should not give a percentage of senior positions to women
- it is unrealistic to stipulate a certain percentage of one gender
- companies cannot be sure that they will receive suitable female applicants to fill a certain percentage of senior positions
- this forces companies to fulfill percentages even though it may be to their detriment
- senior positions should be allocated based on experience, skills and qualifications not gender
Get my free lessons by email