I just wanted to let you know a few things:
- IELTS Writing Answer Sheet: A student informed me that the writing answer sheet she got in Russia this month was different. It had 16 lines on the first page. IELTS do not always release the latest answer sheets. So, just be prepared for a different one.
- You don’t have time to count your words in the writing test, but you do have time to count the lines. So, count your lines and then multiple it by the number of words on one line. This will give you a fast and clear estimate of word count. Remember aim for about 160-180 words in task 1 and 260 -280 words in task 2.
- Using Capital Letters: I have up-dated information for 2017. You can use capital letters or lower case in listening and reading – you decide which to use. You can even mix them up. It won’t affect your score. I’ve up-dated my video with a message and also the list of tips as well: 25 Essential Tips for IELTS Listening. See below for example answers:
- Mr brown = correct
- mr brown = correct
- MR BRoWn = correct
- Up-Date Recent Exams Questions Page: I’ve put the Recent IELTS Exam Questions comments into pages. This means that the page shows the first 165 comments. If you want to see exam questions from a few months before, you need to do to the end of the page and press the “Older Comments” link – it’s in red and not easy to see, unfortunately. I am hoping the page will load quicker by having less comments visible and also it’s easier to find the comments box. There were around 3,000 comments on that page before!!
- Finding Band Score Information: Some students are still not clear on band scores. Please see this page to learn about them: http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-band-scores/
- Using IELTS Liz.com and Finding the Right Page: There are still students who can’t find the main pages of this website. There are over 300 pages of free tips and practice for IELTS and you can find them all through the main pages. The links to the main pages are below:
Main Pages for IELTS Tips, model answers and free practice:
- IELTS Listening
- IELTS Reading
- IELTS Writing Task 1
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Speaking
- Vocabulary for IELTS
- IELTS Test Information and More Tips
That’s all for now 🙂
All the best
Get my free lessons by email